Friday 14 September 2012

Story type

Story type - Romance/Drama

The beginning of this film (00:00-25:48) inspired me for for the beginning of my own film, the flash backs in the beginning of P.S I Love You are similar to the flash backs I will create. The mood of the clip in P.S. I Love You is created by the tone of the lighting. I intend to use this technique of warm lighting to set the atmosphere of my own film so that the audience recongnise that the shot is a flashback, and that the characters when in the shot were happier compared tot he cold, dark atmosphere set in the present time shots.

The storyline and romance narrative of Dear John inspired me for the storytype of my own film. I liked the idea of John having to be away from his love due to being in the army. I felt it was a part of many poeples lives so they would be able to relate to easily. The stereotype of the type of man that is involved in the army is a strong, powerful leader. So in my film when my protagonists army husband passes away, she is left with a large influential part of her life missing. This is a very relateable part of life for anyone, which is why i made my protagonists husband die in action, so that the women of the audience could have a emotional relationship with my character's feelings and situation of having someone who was a big part of their life pass away or leave them.

No comments:

Post a Comment